Friday, March 18, 2011

awesome architects - part 1

Since we're building a house next spring, I've spent an embarrassing amount of time looking at architect sites, blogs, magazines, and books. I've looked at over 1000 house plans and that's not a typo or exaggeration! I was/am a little obsessed with designing our next home. My hubby can definitely attest to that :) 

But during my exhaustive 4-year search, I've stumbled upon some very talented architects. So I thought I'd do a little series of posts on some of my favorites. Keep in mind that these are all shingle/new england style homes - which happen to be my favorite and the look I'm going for in our next place. If you hate this look, you might not want to stick around. But if you love the look of gorgeous shingle-clad homes nestled amidst rolling sand dunes or lush green lawns with breath-taking views out every window, then be sure to stop by every week as I highlight my favorite architects. 

First up is Granoff Architects. Let's just sit back and drool, shall we?





























wow, wasn't that fun? If I had to pick a favorite (and it's very hard to choose!) I think I like the first one best - the Rock Maple home. It looks kinda like a modern day hansel & gretel house to me. Love the steep pitched gables, all the windows, & the awesome pool in the back. And I can definitely see my little ones playing some type of scary troll bridge game under the porte cochere thing-a-ma-jig.

which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment